Filing an FBAR

Filing an FBAR

Do you have a foreign reporting requirement? Since 1970, anyone who has a financial interest, or signature authority, in one or more bank or investment accounts, in another country that exceeds $10,000, is required to file a Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR). This report is required even if the account, or accounts, do not produce income. While this report is due by April 15, if you have not notified us that you need to file an FBAR, you still have time to be in compliance. The Department of Revenue grants everyone who needs to file an FBAR an automatic extension.

To better understand how to file an FBAR, please click here.

If you think you may have a filing obligation, please contact one of our professionals.

Submitted by: John Whitley

Contact Us

730 13th Avenue Drive, SE
Hickory, NC 28602
Tel: 828.327.2727
Fax: 828.328.2324
13 South Center Street
Taylorsville, NC 28681
Tel: 828.632.9025
Fax: 828.632.9085

Toll Free: 800.948.0585