Meet Our Partners - Vickie Martin
We would like to introduce our President, Vickie Martin, who has over 30 years of accounting and tax consulting experience serving closely-held companies, family businesses, non-profit organizations, and individuals. Vickie founded Martin Starnes & Associates, CPAs, P.A. (MSA) in 1987. As a result of her leadership abilities and her passion for the financial field, the firm has grown to become a leader in tax and audit services. MSA has offices in Hickory, Taylorsville and Statesville that currently employ 65 people.
In addition to her immense tax experience, Vickie has the following achievements:
- Certified Specialist in Estate Planning (CSEP);
- Holds a Certificate of Educational Achievement in Business Valuations;
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) certification;
- Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA);
- Experienced Leader Award for NCACPA Women to Watch in 2015;
- National Academy of Public Accounting Professionals (NAPAP) “Top 10 Public Accounting Professionals” in North Carolina in 2015;
- Accounting Today’s Managing Partner Elite for 2013; and
- Received her Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Lenoir-Rhyne University in 1979.
As a respected community and industry leader, Vickie has served on many Boards in Alexander County and Catawba County over the past three decades. She has previously served as Chair of the Board of the Lenoir-Rhyne Business Council and on the Private Companies Practice Section (PCPS) Executive Committee, a division of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the North Carolina Association of CPAs Executive Board, Catawba County Chamber of Commerce, as Chair of the following organizations: United Arts Council of Catawba County, Children’s Advocacy and Protection Council, Alexander County Chamber of Commerce, and Alexander Hospice, among others.
One of Vickie’s main focal points is making our employees the best they can be. She knows that employee empowerment is key to developing and maintaining successful client relationships and happy employees. According to Vickie, “I would like to help develop the next generation of leadership into an even greater team of professionals that can continue that trend.”
She is married to Dale Martin, and they live in Conover, NC. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, music, art and yoga.