MSA Participates in Walk to End Alzheimer's
The Alzheimer’s Association provides care and assistance to all those facing Alzheimer’s disease, including family members and caregivers. It drives research toward treatment, prevention, and ultimately, a cure; and works to ensure federal policy reflects the urgency of the Alzheimer’s epidemic.
The Alzheimer’s Association website states the following facts about the disease:
- More than 5 million Americans are currently living with Alzheimer’s disease.
- There are more than 16 million caregivers of people with Alzheimer’s disease in the U.S.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the sixth-leading cause of death in the U.S. and the only cause of death in the Top 10 in America for which there is no prevention or cure.
- One in three seniors dies with Alzheimer’s or other dementia.
- Alzheimer’s disease kills more than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined.
Some MSA employees participating in the Walk have lost family members to Alzheimer’s disease, and were walking to honor their memory. All were there to support the cause, and the vision of a world without Alzheimer’s disease.
Article by: Crystal Barnes, Accounting Services