Now is the time to start gathering your tax support documents needed to prepare your 2022 Income Tax Return. Before bringing your paperwork into our office, here are a few things to check off your list:
Gather tax paperwork and records for accuracy:
- social security numbers for everyone listed on the tax return
- bank account and routing numbers
- various tax forms (i.e., W-2s, 1099s, 1098s and other income documents or records of digital asset transactions)
- form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace statement
- any IRS letters citing an amount received for a certain tax deduction or credit
Remember to report all types of income:
- goods created and sold on online platforms
- investment income
- part-time or seasonal work
- self-employment or other business activities
- services provided through mobile apps
You can avoid phone delays by using online resources before calling the IRS. People are urged to use IRS.gov to get answers to tax questions, check a refund status or pay taxes. To avoid a wait time, online tools and resources are available 24 hours a day.
Please feel free to contact our office with your questions.
Source: Internal Revenue Service