Maurice Capps, CPA
Maurice has over 50 years of experience in assisting organizations in the areas of accounting, auditing, taxation and management consulting. He has experience with a variety of organizations from start-up businesses to large privately-held companies. His areas of expertise are tax, estate planning, finance and general management counseling. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants. He also serves on a number of local Boards.
NC CPA Certificate Number: 3300
Joined Martin Starnes & Associates, CPAs, P.A. in November 2014 through merger
Founded Capps, Foster & Company in 1972
Employed for 6 years with Thomas V. Bumbarger & Company in Hickory, NC
Training and Education:
- Attended Louisburg Junior College, Louisburg, NC on a basketball and baseball scholarship
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – 1960
- Extensive accounting and tax experience with start-up and closely held companies, estates, partnerships, fiduciary and individual income taxes.
Professional and Community Activities:
- Member of St. Luke's United Methodist Church and Past Member of Finance Committee
- Board Member of the Catawba Valley Community College Foundation
- Past Chairperson and Board Member of the BB&T Advisory Board
- Past Board Member of First Savings & Loan
- Past Chairperson and Board Member for 19 years with the Community Affordable Housing Equity Corporation in Raleigh, NC
- Charter Member, Past President, and Rotarian of the Year with the Rotary Club of Lake Hickory
- Past Board Member of Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club
- Member and Past President of Catawba Valley Chapter of NC Association of CPA's (NCACPA)
- NCACPA and AICPA Member
Contact Maurice at 828-327-2727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Top Reasons to File An Income Tax Extension
With the April 18, 2023 income tax deadline closing in, are you still working on ...
MSA Now Has Electronic Signatures
We are pleased to offer our clients a new way to electronically review and sign ...
MSA Promotes Michael Edwards to New Partner
Martin Starnes & Associates, CPAs, P.A. is proud to announce the promotion of Michael Edwards ...